2000.03.29 05:05 "tiff 3.5.5 release & lzw-compression-kit 1.1 release", by M. L. Welles
tiff 3.5.5 is officially available. Hopefully there won't be *too*
much wrong with it. There's been quite a few changes and (most
importantly) some pretty important bug fixes. Please take a look at
your leasure. I think we've incorporated most of the pending patches
and addressed most of the concerns that have filtered in since the 3.5.4
release. If not, please let us know -- it probably wasn't
Along with 3.5.5, there's a new version of the lzw-compression-kit, v
1.1 -- it's necessary that you get it, too, in order to enable lzw
compression in tiff 3.5.5. Usual crazy US patent restrictions apply.
As always, they're both available at http://www.libtiff.org/, and
The change log for libtiff since the last release follows:
2000-03-28 Frank Warmerdam <warmerda@cs46980-c> *** 3.5.5 release
* fax2ps: Fixed mixup of width and height in bounding box statement as per submission by Nalin Dahyabhai <email@example.com>.
2000-03-27 Mike Welles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* fax2ps: Modified printruns to take uint32 instead of uint16.
Patch courtesy of Bernt Herd <email@example.com>
2000-03-20 Mike Welles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- configure: added test for libc6 for linux targets. Bug reported by Stanislav Brabec <email@example.com>
- Added 3.5 docs to html/Makefile.in. Thanks to Stanislav Brabec <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- configure: fixed bugs in sed scripts (applied sed script s:/@:s;@:;s:/s;;:;: to configure). fix submitted to Stanislav Brabec <email@example.com>
- tools/iptcutil was not in files list, and wasn't being added to tar archive. Updated Makefile.in.
2000-03-17 Frank Warmerdam <warmerda@cs46980-c>
* tif_fax3.c: Fixed serious bug introduced during the uint16->uint32 conversion for the run arrays.
2000-03-03 Frank Warmerdam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Set td_sampleformat default to SAMPLEFORMAT_UINT instead of SAMPLEFORMAT_VOID in TIFFDefaultDirectory() in tif_dir.c.
2000-03-02 Frank Warmerdam <email@example.com>
- Added "GetDefaulted" support for TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT in tif_aux.c.
- Patched tif_fax3.c so that dsp->runs is allocated a bit bigger to avoid overruns encountered with frle_bug.tif.
Tue Feb 15 22:01:05 2000 Frank Warmerdam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Fixed tools/tiffcmp so that stopondiff testing works.
Patch care of Joseph Orost <email@example.com>.
* Modified tif_unix.c to support 2-4GB seeks if USE_64BIT_API is
set to 1, and added default (off) setting in tiffconf.h. This
should eventually be set by the configure script somehow.
The original work on all these 2-4GB changes was done by
Peter Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Modified tif_win32.c to support 2-4GB seeks.
- tentatively changed toff_t to be unsigned instead of signed to facilitate support for 2-4GB files.
- Updated a variety of files to use toff_t. Fixed some mixups between toff_t and tsize_t.
Fri Jan 28 10:13:49 2000 Frank Warmerdam <email@example.com>
- Largely reimplemented contrib/addtiffo to avoid temp files, updating the TIFF file in place. Fixed a few other bugs to.
- Set tif_rawdatasize to zero when freeing raw data buffer in TIFFWriteDirectory().
- Enabled "REWRITE_HACK" in tif_write.c by default.
- Fix bug in tif_write.c when switching between reading one directory and writing to another.
- Made TIFFWriteCheck() public, and added TIFFCreateDirectory()
Wed Jan 5 12:37:48 2000 Frank Warmerdam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Added TIFFmemory(3t) functions to libtiff.def.
Tue Jan 4 13:39:00 2000 Frank Warmerdam <email@example.com>
* Added libtiff/libtiff.def to TIFFILES distribution list.
Mon Dec 27 12:13:39 EST 1999 Mike Welles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Created lzw compression kit, as a new module (libtiff-lzw-compression-kit).
- Altered descriptions in tools to reflect "by default" lzw not supported
* Updated index.html to note lzw compression kit.
Tue Dec 21 14:01:51 1999 Frank Warmerdam <email@example.com>
* Added fax3sm_winnt.c to distribution list in Makefile.in.