2022.12.13 20:39 "[Tiff] libtiff v4.5.0 rc2 available", by Even Rouault
The changes in IFD loop detection are non-trivial enough to justify a rc2, so here it is:
Hopefully this will be the final release candidate for 4.5.0. Please test and report.
The changes since rc1 are:
- restore formatting of tiffvers.h so that FindTIFF.cmake can infer libtiff version number
- addition of TIFFLIB_MAJOR_VERSION, TIFFLIB_MINOR_VERSION, TIFFLIB_MICRO_VERSION in tiffvers.h
- introduction of TIFFLIB_AT_LEAST(major, minor, micro) macro in tiffvers.h
- CMake: restore BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON default setting for top-level builds
- IFD loop detection: changed algorithm to use a hashset/hashmap for good performance
- tdir_t type updated to uint32_t. This type is now used for the return value of TIFFCurrentDirectory and TIFFNumberOfDirectories, and as the argument of TIFFSetDirectory and TIFFUnlinkDirectory
- Increase the maximum number of IFDs that libtiff can browse through from 65535 to 1048576. This value is a build-time setting, available in tif_config.h, that can be configured with CMake's TIFF_MAX_DIR_COUNT and variable or autoconf's --with-max-dir-count option.
- tiffinfo: support more than 64k IFDs.
My software is free, but my time generally not.