1999.09.26 18:15 "tiff 3.5.2 available", by Michael L. Welles
tiff-3.5.2 is now available. It's mostly a bugfixing release, with the inclusion of various patches that have been sent in. The archive is available at http://www.libtiff.org/
The changes are as follows:
- Corrected alpha versioning.
- Removed distinction between alpha and release targets in Makefile.in.
- Added release.stamp target, which tags cvs tree, and updates "RELEASE-DATE"
- Added releasediff target, which diffs tree with source as of date in "RELEASE-DATE"
- Ticked up version to 3.5.2 (alpha 01 -- but I think we'll moving away from alpha/non-alpha distinctions).
- Added IRIX/gcc, and OSF/1 4.x support on behalf of Albert Chin-A-Young <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Added TIFFReassignTagToIgnore() API on behalf of Bruce Cameron <email@example.com>. Man page still pending.
- pre-remove so link before softlink in LINUXdso action in libtiff/Makefile.in to avoid failure on LINUXdso builds other than the first.
- Fixed problem with cvtcmap() in tif_getimage.c modifying the colormaps owned by the TIFF handle itself when trying to fixup wrong (eight bit) colormaps. Corrected by maintaining a private copy of the colormap.
- Added TIFFReadRGBATile()/TIFFReadRGBAStrip() support in tif_getimage.c.
- Applied "a" mode fix to tif_win32.c/TIFFOpen() as suggested by Christopher Lawton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Set O_BINARY for tif_unix.c open() ... used on cygwin for instance.
- Added CYGWIN case in configure.
- Applied Francois Dagand's patch to handle fax decompression bug. (sizes >= 65536 were failing)
* Added addtiffo (add overviews to a TIFF file) in contrib. Didn't
put it in tools since part of it is in C++.
M. L. Welles mike@onShore.com