1998.04.21 17:42 "Re: libtiff issues", by Sam Leffler
I've tried to build some application using libtiff v3.4beta037 and I've found several problems like
- library fails to read a sample packed with method 32771 Is it bug in the library or my fault?
The codec works on all test images I've seen (obviously). If you've got a problem you can either provide a sample image where there is a problem and wait for someone to look into why the image cannot be decoded or you can dive into the code yourself. I'd suspect the image given the age and heavy testing the existing codecs have had.
- library reports error reading ThunderByte sample from it's own test set. Is it bug in the library or my fault?
Problem in the test image.
- tiffcomp.h file has a bug wich does not allow to compile the library with ZIP support under MS Visual C/C++ 4.x (besides the fix I have some suggestion to improve the file)
Post diffs or send them to me. I'm far too busy to do anything right now but collect stuff but I _do_ look at everything I receive before I make new distributions (or at least I try to).
- config script fails to find proper inline definition under DEC UNIX 4.0
Please send/post a fix.
- is it possible to read JPEG samples in data format defined in TIFF 6 specification? What is the status of this topic?
This has been discussed previously on this list but unfortunately there is no active archive of the past postings. The short answer is no. I'll leave it to Tom Lane to post the usual boilerplate long answer.
What is the best place to discuss these issues?
As far as I know this mailing list is the best place to find help on TIFF-related issues.