1998.04.21 14:52 "RE: libtiff issues", by Gerben Vos
I've tried to build some application using libtiff v3.4beta037 and I've found several problems like
- library fails to read a sample packed with method 32771 Is it bug in the library or my fault?
- library reports error reading ThunderByte sample from it's own test set. Is it bug in the library or my fault?
- tiffcomp.h file has a bug wich does not allow to compile the library with ZIP support under MS Visual C/C++ 4.x (besides the fix I have some suggestion to improve the file)
- config script fails to find proper inline definition under DEC UNIX 4.0
- is it possible to read JPEG samples in data format defined in TIFF 6 specification? What is the status of this topic?
What is the best place to discuss these issues?
This mailing list is the best place that i know of to discuss them. I can't help you with most points, but maybe others can. If you post more specific things (like the actual bugfixes you have in mind and actual error messages), people will be more likely to respond. Please make it easy on them, they are probably doing this as a sideline while working.
Also, i am wondering which of the possible interpretations of JPEG-in-TIFF6 you would like to have implemented. From all i've read, i've gathered that libtiff doesn't implement it because the specification is too vague. If you really need to read some such TIFFs, it shouldn't be too hard to extend libtiff for that yourself. If you submit the code to Sam, maybe he will put it in the contrib directory.