2004.04.06 22:29 "[Tiff] Mailing list archive updated", by Joris Van Damme
I am happy to announce the mailing list archive formerly know as 'long-term archive' is redesigned and extended.
Amongst the major new changes:
- Sender names have been normalized
- Thread relationships are now just about perfect! For the first time in the history of this archive, we can actually conviniently see complete conversations with messages properly pointing to each other.
- I personally feel the 'looks' are far better now. It's a bit more 'modern', though absolute care has been taken that it is still free of cookies and java, and this time around, it's even validated HTML, and marked as such.
- Navigation usability improved considerably.
- There is now semi-automatic update of these 'long-term archives'. That means there's an update several times per day, at a minimum. You may still not see your message appear straight away, but this is expected to improve further in time.
- We have added 'Local Google' for your search convinience. While the Google bot hasn't indexed the new archive yet, it is expected to do so within a week at most. At that time, the archives will finally be searchable.
- Instead of a boring main index page, we've designed a kinda more like 'archive portal page'. Besides 'local Google' and a complete index of month overviews, this portal page also gives a convinient overview of the threads updated during the last 7 days.
The new archive URL is
As usual, I welcome all feedback, as I plan to keep improving it. Please all regard this as a friendly invitation to go take a look and think about how it can still gain user-friendlyness.
Joris Van Damme
Download your free TIFF tag viewer for windows here: