2000.10.06 14:21 "RE: Old-style JPEG and HP 9100C Digital Sender", by Martin Bailey
<x-flowed>At 14:31 06/10/00, Grissom, Ed wrote:
In a previous message, Frank said:
What all sorts of things do people want to put in a V7.0 spec?
I agree with the items you mentioned:
- end of O_JPEG
- Deflate compression (end of LZW ??? nah, the patent expires in 2003)
- COMPLEX pixel values (int and double)
And want to add:
4) 64-bit offsets for files >4GB
5) Uninstantiated Tiles/Strips
6) Multispctral Photometric type
7) Reduced Resolution Image Generation Method
8) Tiff Trees for multi-image with Reduced Resolution
versions for each image. (already adopted by Adobe)
Yes to all the ones there that I care about :-)
And have a few "to-be-discussed" items:
64-bit integer pixels?
Transparent Value (not a mask)
Yes to both
"No Data" value
Might as well wait and put in JPEG 2000 now.
From the graphic arts side I'd like to see:
- improvements in the handling of photmetricinterpretation=5 when the data isn't just CMYK. The kind of spot colour handling that's provided in other formats such as CMYK (or Lab or sRGB) equivalents for each colorant, plus an indication of whether the colour should be regarded as opaque, or normal, or transparent etc. for trapping purposes.