2007.07.11 00:26 "[Tiff] new release status?", by Jay Berkenbilt

2007.07.11 00:57 "Re: [Tiff] new release status?", by Bob Friesenhahn

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

It's been quite a while since 3.8.2 was released and there are a lot of fixes in CVS. I also see that there is a 3.9 branch in CVS. There are a small handful of bugs in the debian tiff that have or will hopefully soon have "upstream" fixes in CVS. I'm trying to decide whether it makes sense to just include patches for the specific things that have been fixed, to try to package a 3.8.2+ version with all the patches from CVS (though I don't know whether the current trunk in CVS is considered stable), or to hope for a 3.8.3 release. Any thoughts?

Andrey told me yesterday that it is planned that the next release will be called 3.9.0 and that he plans to make the release ASAP, dependent on fixing few more existing bugs.

FYI, the stable code is in the CVS branch called libtiff-branch-3-9. It works for me.

Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer, http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/