2000.06.30 15:37 "Repairing bad TIFF images", by Johnson, Anthony L.
I'm the records manager for a public school system in VA.
I have several TIFF images that won't display, but return one of the following error messages when attempted:
- Bad driver file or read error when loading.
- Source corrupted or file type or version unsupported.
- General I/0 error.
- Can't read image.
- Not enough memory.
- Image file is bad, error in format.
- Source file doesn't match type. Different flavor.
- Invalid byte order.
- Don't know how to read image.
- Input file name not set before trying to open file.
- Indispensible tags are missing.
Three of the viewers used in attempting to open the TIFF images were:
TIFF SDK (Black Ice)
Can you recommend any graphics software (preferably Win95) that can repair TIFF images or at least read in a bad one and re-save it as a good TIFF?
Thanks, for any suggestions,
Division Records Manager
Richmond Public Schools