2002.06.25 16:40 "RE: Batch Printing programs.", by Jeff Urlwin
CACI, Inc, Commercial has such a product in use for litigation support. I know, I developed it :). I'm a sub contractor now, but I believe they could sell it to you. If you are interested, let me know. I can take it off line and give you a POC.
- the program itself is an NT/Win2k service which handles the printing on the server (or a standalone PC)
- there is a client program which handles the drag and drop portion and sends requests to the server via RPC.
- if you have specific TIFF tags such as PageName or ImageDescription, they can be printed on the footer of the page
- if you are printing to a Postscript Level 2 printer (or other, specific printers which handle compressed data), the program will send compressed data to the printer.
- TYPICALLY -- this means that you will print at or near rated printer speeds (recommend network printers, rather than parallel port printers, though)
- Works/tested various printers from QMS, Heidleberg, Cannon, Lexmark
- Has printed *millions* (maybe even 100+ Millions) of pages over the last 7+ years