2007.02.06 04:18 "Re: [Tiff] What is wrong with the program about adding a Bitmap to a Tiff as Compression_JPEG ?", by Joris Van Damme
why was my later ignored?
I too received an error message from the list bot on my response to your message.
I suspect it has to do with at least one of you bad mail formatting conventions, some of which may show through in the header, and/or your inappropriate list of recipients. Please observe the following:
- Use ascii chars for names. Use a minimal character set setting, don't expect the world to want to view chinese chars.
- Send general top-level questions to the mailing list only. Don't except anyone to welcome private mail from you, we've a mailing list for just that purpose.
- For the same reason, don't mark all your mails with an extra priority marker. It's just not very polite to communicate to every possible kind stranger that they are supposed to treat your question with utmost priority.
- Don't send to tiff-request. I don't remember what it's for, but it may be the address you need for subscription and not the actual mailing list address. It may be the error returned is from the subscription bot, not the mailing list bot.
- Since I'm at it anyway, please use newlines appropriately. Your newlines seem to get lost on every text operation you do, resulting in us receiving huge blocks of continuous text that we can't possibly decipher.
- Since I'm at it anyway, please use a space character after punctiation marks like ',' and '.', and not before them. The rule is, text processing needs to be able to interpret a space character as a suitable place for a line break. If you use a space character before a ',', your comma may become the first char of a new line which is not your intention, and if you don't use a space after a comma your text becomes hard to read.
Joris Van Damme
Download your free TIFF tag viewer for windows here: