1998.04.21 14:00 "libtiff issues", by Tim Shaporev
I've tried to build some application using libtiff v3.4beta037 and I've found several problems like
- library fails to read a sample packed with method 32771 Is it bug in the library or my fault?
- library reports error reading ThunderByte sample from it's own test set. Is it bug in the library or my fault?
- tiffcomp.h file has a bug wich does not allow to compile the library with ZIP support under MS Visual C/C++ 4.x (besides the fix I have some suggestion to improve the file)
- config script fails to find proper inline definition under DEC UNIX 4.0
- is it possible to read JPEG samples in data format defined in TIFF 6 specification? What is the status of this topic?
What is the best place to discuss these issues?
Editor's note: This mail was not originally archived, and has been reconstructed from quotes.